SUBSCRIBE FOR SPECIAL CONTENT
You need a subscription to access this page.
This page can only be accessed by subscribers to the Backstage Guest and higher tiers. Subscribe now to get access.
Welcome friends, I'm Ida Mae!
Welcome to our new online community!
Here you will find two distinct subscription offerings tailored to different interests. All subscribers will receive a semi-regular email newsletter which might include an update on my music, alerts for new releases, and behind-the-scenes content. I invite you to join this community of music lovers and learners and look forward to getting to know you. Thank you so much for your support. Let the music play!
1. Backstage Guest
Welcome to the Green Room!
Pay what you can- this option is for anyone who feels called to support me in my work as an artist and music educator. You will get my semi-monthly newsletter where I share tour dates, news and behind the scenes content. You will have access to the subscriber page on this website where I post videos and you can connect with our online community. Thank you so much for your generous support. Every bit helps me build a sustainable foundation for my work.
2. Everyone Plays! (Fiddle Lessons for Beginners-Intermediates)
Interested in playing the fiddle? Start or continue your journey as a beginning fiddle student.
Learn traditional tunes right from the start with my teaching method I have been developing for the past 13 years. Every month, a link to one 30-45 minute pre-recorded fiddle lesson will be delivered in an email, with extra listening content and background information on the tune. Additionally, this subscription comes with access to all content from the Backstage Guest tier, so you can enjoy exclusive performance videos and connect with like-minded folks on the subscriber page on my website (this page). The lessons will be tunes mostly from the Appalachian tradition, interspersed with Irish, Bluegrass and French Canadian tunes!
In each fiddle lesson video, I will:
- Go over pertinent instrument basics, including how to properly hold the fiddle and bow
- Introduce the tune, with some basic background information including where I learned to play it
- Play the tune a couple of times through up to tempo
- Lead a scale, usually in the key of the tune
- Go through some bowing exercises to get our rhythm sections warmed up
- Teach the tune phrase by phrase, slowly working up to playing a whole section
- Play the whole tune at 3 different speeds
- Go over variations and give suggestions for how to make the tune your own, geared towards intermediate fiddlers